Undergraduate Admissions

Guidline for Graduate School (Japanese only)

Basically, graduate school classes are conducted in Japanese. Higher Japanese proficiency is required for research and production.
We may provide some English instruction.
Please check with your academic advisor regarding acceptance.

The main application qualifications are as follows. (There are other conditions as well, so be sure to refer to the entrance examination guide for details).

Master's/Master's program with bachelor's degree
Doctoral program with master's degree

Japanese language proficiency

Either of the following at the time of application:

  • 1) Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT): N2 level or above *The test must have been conducted after FY2010.
  • 2) Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) In the "Japanese" examination, the total of [reading]/[listening/listening+reading]: 260 points or more, and [writing] is 35 points or more
  • *1 For international students who wish to study under an academic advisor who can teach in English, in addition to the prior meeting with the academic advisor (to determine whether or not you can complete the course). TOEFL-iBT 100 points or more is required as application qualification.

Kyoto Seika University entrance examination information (Japanese only)